What to challenge? Who to collaborate with?
- A HR-related company with a global operation
- Challenged to develop next-generation management personnel to support further globalization and business transformation as planned in the mid-to-long-term strategy
Impact on the history of business and economy
- Three years after the start of the project, an executive in their 30s was born from the pooled human resources developed through this project
- One more executive has been selected from the pool after that. Persons in the pool in the process of development are now playing key roles in the implementation of the company’s mid-term plan.
IGPI’s initiatives for discontinuous change
Through continuous trial and error with the client, identified the optimal balance (personnel allocation) between “short-term performance achievement” and “medium- to long-term management personnel development,” and established a system for next-generation management personnel development.
- Tough assignments (including personnel transfers) are necessary to develop management personnel. The key was how to realize such assignments while the actual personnel authorities were with the business departments
- Reviewed personnel authorities throughout the organization, revamped how to handle HR data and arrange training programs, as well as the planning and operations of HR development meetings, etc., from scratch, and persistently continued the PDCA cycle