｜Partner & Managing Director｜Advisory Committee&Auditor｜
- Kazuhiko Toyama
- Former COO, Industrial Revitalization Corporation Japan, Inc.(IRCJ) After joining the Boston Consulting Group, Kazuhiko Toyama became a founding member of Corporate Directions, Inc.(CDI), where he later served as CEO. He was appointed COO of Industrial Revitalization Corporation of Japan (IRCJ), which was established by Japanese government in 2003. Outside director of OMRON Corporation and Pia Corporation. Auditor of The Asahi Shimbun Company.Member of Postal Services Privatization Committee (until March 2009), Expert member of Council on Economic Fiscal Policy(MOF),, Member of Council for Science and Technology, Basic Plan Special Committee(MLIT).
He graduated from the Faculty of Law, University of Tokyo, and holds an MBA from the Stanford University Graduates School of Business. Passed the national bar examination.
- Tetsuya Hishida
- After working for Arthur Andersen (KPMG), Tetsuya Hishida founded Gem Associates, where he currently serves as Director. He is also an outside Director of Only Corporation and Nextech Corporation. He assumed a Director at the same time as establishing IGPI.
- Yukihiro Tahara
- Yukihiro Tahara previously worked for IRCJ where he engaged in the Kanebo turnaround. Prior to joining IRCJ, Mr. Tahara was at CDI, where he formulated business strategies and provided hands-on support in the consumer industries sector. Mr.Tahara holds a Master of Aeronautic Engineering degree from Tokyo University
- Jun Matsumoto
- Jun Matsumoto previously was Managing Director at IRCJ, where he led turnaround projects at Kyushu Industrial Transportation, Kanto Jidosha, Aviva and Tsumatubishi. Prior to joining IRCJ, Mr. Matsumoto worked for Japan Leasing and served as a general manager. He also managed investment activities at GMAC Japan.
President and representative Director,Michinori Holding,Fukushima Kotsu and Ibaraki Kotsu.Policy Adviser,Cabinet office,Enterprise Turnaround Initiative Corporation of Japan.
- Tetsuji Taya
- Tetsuji Taya was a Managing Director at IRCJ, where he contributed to three listed companies' cases as a turnaround manager. Prior to joining IRCJ, Mr. Taya had extensive experience in financial advisory services, capital markets and derivatives markets at Merrill Lynch, Fuji (Mizuho) Capital Markets and Fuji (Mizuho) Bank. Mr. Taya is a board member of Nextech Corporation and leopalace21, and holds an MSc in Accounting & Finance from London School of Economics at London University and BA in Economics from Waseda University.)
- Takashi Muraoka
- Takashi Muraoka was Managing Director at IRCJ where he led turnaround cases at Mitsui Mining, Misawa Homes, Sankei and Daiei. Prior to joining IRCJ, Mr. Muraoka was in M&A, Project Finance at Sanwa Bank (Mitsubishi-Tokyo UFJ Bank) & covered the communication industry for Morgan Stanley. Mr. Muraoka holds an MBA degree from UCLA
- Takeshi Saito
- Takeshi Saito was MD at IRCJ and directed such cases as OCC, Ogura and Phenix. Prior to joining IRCJ, Mr.Saito was a management consultant at CDI, where he formulated business strategies and provided hands-on support in the IT and communication sectors. Mr. Saito holds an ME from the Tokyo Institute of Technology and an MS from Carnegie Mellon University
- Masanori Tanaka
- As a Managing Director at IRCJ, Masanori Tanaka led the Meisei and Miyazaki Transportation cases. Prior to joining IRCJ, he was a management consultant at CDI, where he focused on the healthcare services industry. He also managed a drug development venture company in Japan, and also a medical device venture company in Taiwan. In IGPI, he focuses on variety type of cases (i.e. technology based business development cases, turnaround cases, PMI cases). He holds a Master of Science degree from Tokyo University
- Yasuo Horikoshi
- Yasuo Horikoshi led the Tochigi Leather project at IRCJ, as Managing Director. Prior to joining IRCJ, Mr. Horikoshi was at JAFCO, where he engaged in buyouts, bio and IT venture investments and IPOs. He was also in Buyout investment team at Bridge Point Capital and in the M&A division at Tokyo Mitsubishi Bank . He Graduated from London Business School
- Shigeru Kusuhara
- While Arthur Andersen (now KPMG), Mr. Kusuhara gained experience in a number of advisory businesses, including organizational restructuring, the M&A advisory business, and the organization and operation of large real estate funds, corporate revitalization funds and other collective investment schemes. After taking up domestic corporate revitalization funds, Mr. Kusuhara was involved in the establishment and operation of a number of funds related to the corporate revitalization business. Later he became president of a group company. He is a certified tax accountant.
- Sow Ikeda
- Sow Ikeda has been active in numerous business turnaround cases, which include business restructuring planning for a major airline company and an energy company, turnaround initiatives of a department store chain using the Business Revitalizations ADR, and management improvement for retail and restaurant chains. He was Senior Policy Researcher at the former Preparatory Office for the Enterprise Turnaround Initiative Corporation of Japan and Executive Officer of the former Nuclear Damage Liability Facilitation Fund. Prior to IGPI, he worked for Bank of Japan, where he was responsible for financial institution monitoring. He later joined IRCJ and led its corporate planning office as well as handled five turnaround projects, including Kanebo. He graduated from Waseda University School of Law.
- Naonori Kimura
- After launching a venture business, Naonori Kimura worked with NCR Japan and later at Towers Perrin and Arthur D. Little Japan. After joining IGPI, Mr. Kimura has focused on advising corporate strategies, including breakthroughs, strategy shifts and re-growth initiatives. He has also advised clients regarding business management streamlining, structural reforms, financial strategy, new business development, M&A strategies, and improvements in cost competiveness. Mr. Kimura graduated from the Keio University School of Economics and holds an MBA from the University of Leicester and an MSc in Finance from the Lancaster University.
- Takayoshi Kawakami
- Takayoshi Kawakami worked in sales at a major Japanese trading house, and he led labor union as a vice president under corporate reorganization law. At GE, he engaged sales, marketing, six sigma and business development (M&A, JV, Alliance). Since joining IGPI, his activities include contriving, implementing and conducting strategy, organizational change/development and new business development for major media, information technologies and office equipment companies.
- Makoto Shiono
- Makoto Shiono has led engagements addressing business and financial strategy for a wide range of companies both in Japan and globally. His professional career includes time with Citibank, Goldman Sachs, Bain & Company and Livedoor Securities. He also has experience with start-up organizations and corporate revitalizations in the telecom, media and technology sectors. After joining IGPI, He has been involved in projects, including financings for manufacturers, an M&A deal involving entertainment companies and a cross-border M&A deal involving a telecom company. He received BA in Law from the Keio University and earned master’s degree from the Washington University in St. Louis School of Law.
- Shinichiro Okada
- Shin Okada is a leading professional in IGPI’s infrastructure-related business, with the extensive experience as an engineer, investment professional and turn-around manager from government highway agency (NEXCO), Mitsubishi Trust and Banking Corporation of New York, Accenture, and Macquarie Capital Securities. Mr. Okada is currently seconded to New Kansai International Airport Company, as Executive Officer and General Manager at Privatization Department. Mr. Okada holds an MBA from Columbia Business School (Fulbright Scholar), which included an MBA exchange to Rotterdam School of Management, and BS & MS degrees (Civil Engineering) from Kyoto University.
｜Partner & Managing Director｜Advisory Committee&Auditor｜